Monday, September 14, 2015

A Sweet Bookmark for a Sweet Birthday Girl!

My oldest niece just turned 16 years old. It's hard to believe. I still remember my sisters and I following around endlessly (probably inadvertently harassing) the big-eyed, toddling towhead who was then all alone in soaking up the abounding aunt-y love. Today she has 4 younger siblings with whom to share the love....and harassment.

She has grown into quite a beautiful, sweet, good-hearted, upstanding young woman with a twinkle in her eye for mischief (which she usually bestows on her next-in-line sister), and an appetite for books. She reads all the time. So what do you get a 16 year-old avid reader for her birthday?

I knew I wanted to get her a book, but what to go with it? A bookmark! Since I like making cute little animals out of felt, the idea grew from there.

And here is the finished product:




A cute little sugar cookie (don't forget the sprinkles) bear peeking out of a book, just waiting for you to open the book up to continue the reading adventure!

I hope she likes it.

Happy Birthday Megs!!! You're an amazing young woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment